Topic Brainstorm Ideas

1. Urban Legends

- After reading a past storybook called Tokyo Underworld it made me really interested in urban legends. I really like how they were able to combine all the legends together to create a crime scene. I want to take a page out of their book and try to do the same. I was thinking of combining each legend and putting the villains of the legends in prison. Then, I would go into each inmate's story of how they got there. 

2. Fairy Tale Villains

- I've always loved learning about the villains' backstory. Movies like Suicide Squad, Joker, and Maleficent were always my favorite compared to the super hero movies. To me, the stories of how the villains came to be were more interesting than the heroes. I also love a good redemption arc for villains. Maybe I'll try to retell fairy tale villain stories by giving each one a redemption arc! :D 

3. Pirates

- I think one of  my favorite movies series is Pirates of the Caribbeans. I am also watching an anime right now called One Piece that is about pirates! So, I think this storybook topic could be really interesting for me. I love the adventures that pirates go on. If I choose to do this topic I will probably use Howard Pyle's Book of Pirates.

4. Vietnamese Legends

- I am Vietnamese. I actually don't know any Vietnamese legends so I think I might actually try doing this topic. I would be really interested to learn about the legends of my culture! If I do this storybook topic I will most likely use freebookapalooza to research stories. I might also try asking my parents if they know any Vietnamese legends! :) 


So after going through all these storybook topics I think I have a better idea of what I want to do. I really liked the Fairy Tale Villains and Vietnamese Legends topics. So I think I'll try researching on villains in Vietnamese legends, and retelling the story in perhaps the villain's pov or maybe giving the villain a redemption arc! I might try asking my parents what kind of legends they know first. And after, I'll try to research more on either Wikipedia or look through the book, Stories and Legends of Annam.

I'm still interested in reading on pirate stories. I was thinking of maybe checking out to see if there are Vietnamese legends on pirates. So, I could potentially cover three different topics that I'm interested in. 

Image Information: 

Dragon (needpix)

Comments

Popular Posts