Storybook Favorites

 Alice's Journey...Through Social Media?

The story of Alice in Wonderland is a very well known one. It was one of my favorites growing up. I remember watching the animated movie countless times. I also watched the live action version many times once that came out. I liked how the creator of this storybook told the story through social media. They made it more modern and added some more insight to Alice's thoughts and feelings during her journey. 

Tokyo Underworld

This storybook was my favorite out of the three. I was very engaged throughout the story and found myself wanting to know more and more. I loved the way they compiled different Japanese urban legends into one story. The way they presented Teke-Teke, one of the urban legends, as a patient going through a rehabilitation program to help her live a normal life was creative. The creator of this story did a good job compiling these stories together because they were able to find a common characteristic between the legends. A train. Most of these legends involved a train so it was cool that the creator just created a crime scene involving a train and the creatures from urban legends as the prime suspects. 

The Greatest Trickster

A lot of myths and folklore involve a trickster in them. I thought it was very cool that this creator decided to compile all the tricksters and have a competition through each of the stories to see who was the best. I also like the design and layout of this story. The title of the story at the top with an image in the background looked very nice. They also chose good images that had a more folklore aesthetic to it. The images also matched nicely with the stories told. Here's an image they used about the story of the fox tricking a bird. 

 

Image Information: 

Fox from the Rochester Bestiary (Wikimedia)

Comments

  1. Hi Helen! This is just a quick note to say that I was excited to see you looked at Tokyo Underworld! I guess that project is maybe 10 years old, but I still remember it so vividly, and I was very proud of myself for having figured out the culprit. Plus I learned about Japanese urban legends that were totally new to me... which is such a big plus for me about this class: I learn new things from the projects every semester! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts