Assignments

After going through the six core assignments for this class, I can definitely say that I'm most excited for the storybooks project. I already have a good idea of what I might do. I took some inspiration from a past storybook I read called Tokyo Underworld. This storybook took multiple characters from different Japanese urban legends and presented them as culprits in a crime investigation. 

I wanted to use the same idea of compiling different characters from legends/myths/folklore together. It's kind of like the movie Suicide Squad when all of the bad guys from the comic books came together in one movie. I also wanted to combine this idea with one of my favorite shows, Orange is the New Black. In this show, they go into the background story of each inmate and tell how they ended up in prison. I wanted to do the same thing, but with the antagonists from legends/myths/folklore. It's just a rough idea so far, but I'm excited to build on it. :D

As for the extra credit assignment, the wikipedia trails one really interested me. I never went down a wikipedia rabbit hole, but I've definitely done so with YouTube. I might try that assignment out to see the difference from where I started to where I end. I know on YouTube, you can end up in a completely different place from where you started. 

Image Information

Suicide Squad (needpix)

Orange is the New Black (flickr)


Comments

Popular Posts