Microfiction: Christmas with Children

 

Image Information: Christmas Tree (pixabay)

What I Love About Christmas

Snowflakes falling, snowmen being built, the twinkling of Christmas lights, hot cocoa by a toasty fire, opening Christmas presents, watching others open your presents to them, family, friends, Christmas caroling, annual Christmas play at church these are all my favorite things about Christmas. Laughter, excitement, joy, these are all my favorite feelings I love about Christmas.  These feelings and things have changed over the years. Santa Claus used to be my favorite. I've grown older and there is less magic about Christmas. I can't wait for the day when I have kids though. Christmas is much more magical with kids. 


I want a Christmas with kids. 


Author's Note: 

When I was young, Christmas used to be very magical. As I grew older, it lost its magic. I wasn't as excited as I used to be. I miss a lot of that. I saw a Facebook post from a friends who is celebrating Christmas with her kids. She said it's so much better to celebrate with her kids because she is experiencing Christmas magic and spirit all over again. I thought that was very cool!

Comments

  1. Hello,
    I totally agree with your sentiments. Christmas was the perfect time as children, but as you grow reality comes crashing in. It was a time of snow and family, and it now it's more about Black Friday and who can get the better gift. I actually really relate to this because as a child I loved Christmas, and then later my family discovered we were jewish. So, we are stuck in the middle, not knowing which we should celebrate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts